If a tag is flashing "No Data" on the app screen it is not making a connection to the gateway. The most common reasons for this are;
- Confirm the gateway is set-up correctly
- Make sure the plastic tab for the battery was removed.
- The maximum distance for a tag is about 40' to the gateway or 20' to another tag (whichever is shorter). There must be a tag within 40' of the gateway to make the first connection (hop).
- The battery in the tag might have failed.
How to check the battery
The tag settings page in the app has a battery indicator. However, if the battery is drained in the first place this won't help you. Follow these steps to check the battery;
- Open the tag by separating the base from the top.
- Remove the circuit board inside. You might have to tap it on the table to get it out.
- Remove the battery and reinsert. If the light on the circuit board flashes green the tag reset.
- Place the tag near the gateway and wait a few minutes to confirm it has connected.
- If this does not work then contact support.